All of the programs at Dre’s Haven rely on funding from grants, corporate sponsors, and our wonderful donors made up of our local Central Florida community, and autism advocates and friends and family members all over the United States. At Dre's Haven, Inc. we’re raising funds and promoting initiatives to serve the people who need them most. We believe in acting with urgency in order to raise public awareness about some of the most pressing issues facing today’s society. Please support our efforts to make a measurable difference in the lives of others by continuing to build a thriving community of hope.
We humbly ask that you continue to support our mission, making a difference in the lives of these exceptional, yet underserved individuals and their families. Dre’s Haven, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. (Federal Tax ID #02-0597206) and your tax-deductible contribution enables us to continue working to develop housing options that empower this unique population to live lives without limits.
Thank you! Your gift provides hope and peace of mind to families as they rest assured their adult child will be surrounded with a compassionate community in an environment, they can thrive in.
Ways to support
AmazonSmile is a simple way to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. The AmazonSmile Foundation donates .5% of your purchase price minus shipping costs, taxes, etc. Learn more at smile.amazon.com and select "Dre's Haven, Inc." as your charity.
Giving has never been easier! By selecting “making this a recurring gift”, you can make your impact heard all year long with this easy, secure, and flexible way to give. Dre’s Haven will automatically deduct gifts monthly according to the amount you provide.
Invest in building a better tomorrow through your support of the Dre’s Haven, Inc. Annual Fund. With a variety of gift levels, join a community of mission champions today. Being a part of the annual fund includes a public display of your name and inclusion in our annual report.
Matching gifts can be set up at any time and can be earmarked for a particular program or service if desired.
Vehicle And Property Donation
Donate your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, boat or property to Dre’s Haven by submitting a donation form and a transfer of title or deed to Dre’s Haven
Dre’s Haven is always grateful for in-kind donations of tangible items in support of our mission.
If you have recurring gift questions or would like to stop or adjust your recurring gift any time, please contact us! Whatever option of giving you choose, your annual tax receipt summarizing your gift(s) will be sent to you by December 31.
Navigating services for adults with autism and intellectual/developmental disabilities can be challenging. Dre’s Haven’s Admissions Specialists are available to answer questions and help you navigate funding options at any step of the process.
To qualify for residency at Dre’s Haven an Individual must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Express a willingness to participate in an independent living skills training program and demonstrate an ability to learn and perform the necessary skills.
- Have an annual combined income, which includes benefits, earned income and support income of $29, 400 or less
- Have monthly resources sufficient to pay rent, utilities, food, independent living expenses, etc.
- Identified secure sources of payment for expanded services and supports (i.e., Private Pay, Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Medicaid Waiver, Medicaid, or Vocational Rehabilitation.)
- Have a co-signer on lease if income is less than $1,100 per month
- Not engage in illegal drug use or criminal behaviors/activities
- Participate in an in-dept and in person assessment to determine capacity to live independently and identify additional supports needed.
- Be capable of living independently in an apartment setting with supervision and supports.
- Be comprehensive and follow through on basic safety guidelines and have ability to seek emergency assistance.
- Be socially compatible – ability to engage in Dre’s Haven and Community activities and events with socially acceptable behavior.
- Be motivated and capable of participating in Dre’s Haven and Community programs, activities, and events
- Be confident in making decisions and expressing preferences, including communication with staff and residents
Dre’s Haven does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, or gender in its admissions policy or programs.
Thank you for your interest in applying for Dre’s Haven!
For admissions consideration, Dre’s Haven has established the following requirements:
Contact us for an informational meeting to get an overview of Dre’s Haven.
The application process allows the Admissions Team, the applicant, and the applicant’s family to determine whether Dre’s Haven and its suite of supports and amenities can best meet the needs of the applicant.
Spend the day with us! Experience what life after high school should look like.
Prospective residents will be invited to attend a full day at our facility with breakfast and lunch included.
At the conclusion of the site visit, the Dre’s Haven enrollment team consults with the prospective resident and assists in mapping out a Dre’s Haven–daily-life plan. The application and supporting documents will be reviewed and assessed for compatibility and referrals will be made to any Support Services needed.
Complete the reservation form and remit a reservation fee to secure your new apartment at Dre’s Haven.
At move-in, apartment residents participate in the Dre’s Haven Community Orientation Program. Meet your neighbors and learn about your new neighborhood, transportation, recreation, education, and area employment and volunteer opportunities.
Congratulations! Your Dre’s Haven Journey Has Began!
Dre’s Haven accepts Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver Funding, and private pay.
The Dre's Haven Difference.
- Supporting the individuals, we serve in living the lives they choose
- Respecting, trusting, and encouraging each other to demonstrate initiative, authority, skill and inspiration
- Extending our impact by advocating in multiple venues for the broader needs and rights of people with autism and their families
- Expecting respectful interactions between the people we serve and our staff.
- Actively fostering an open exchange of ideas with a sustained focus on collaboration among teams towards a common end
- Growing and deepening mutually beneficial relationships with families, donors, funders, and other community partners
- Delivering programs, services, and supports that adhere to the highest principles of care
- Holding ourselves to measurable outcomes that determine our success in achieving our mission
- Being transparent with each other and our constituents; always placing the greater good of the people we serve above our own needs
- Continuously searching for and creating new opportunities and ways of providing service
- Encouraging and rewarding thoughtful risk taking to overcome challenges
- Supporting and encouraging creativity and self-determination
- Grounding our work in a core belief in the inherent value of everyone, and our shared capacity to learn and grow
- Building upon strengths and supporting each other to create a stronger team and achieve new heights
- Being able to understand the perspective of the individuals we serve as well as our co-workers
- All individuals achieving a life of quality
- All staff achieving great things when supported, challenged, and acknowledged
- All families becoming an on-going, integral, and contributing member of the circle of support for their loved one